8 Ways to Make Your Phone Last Through the Day
The more cell phones become an every-day necessity, the more battery we drain. Lasting through the day is no easy task; however, here are some straightforward actions you can take to help your charge get to the end of the day:
- Turn off vibrations setting – a dancing phone uses more power than a dormant one!
- Turn down the brightness – less light = less power.
- Reduce Auto-Lock Time – the faster your screen goes blank, the less power you waste.
- Turn on Airplane mode when possible – connecting to a network sucks up a lot of battery time. If you’re able to disconnect for a little, use airplane mode to conserve power. You can take advantage of this uninterrupted time to focus on your to-do list (or, preferably, more exciting things).
- If unneeded, turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and/or Location Services – these are power-hungry tools when left running.
- Minimize Notifications – set data retrieval to “manual” for email, social media, and other apps that provide notifications. This way the apps only retrieve data (aka, use battery power) when you tell them to, as opposed to automatically doing so every few minutes.
- Identify Worst Offenders – if your phone allows you to see which apps use the most energy, use this to identify the biggest culprits and ensure you don’t leave those apps running all day long.
- Buy a Weego – Weego Battery Packs were literally made for this stuff! Whether you need a day’s worth of charge or an entire weekend of backup power, it’s always good to play it safe. Use Weegos to charge a phone wherever and whenever you’re on the go.