Hurricane season runs from the beginning of June through to the end of November. The most active month being September. With the potential for severe weather situations, we suggest putting together a supplies kit to make sure you and your family are prepared in the event of an emergency.
Use this list as a starting point, and then think about any additional needs of your family. If you have infants, pets, or seniors in the family, they may require unique supplies beyond what is included in this list.
- A three day supply of non-perishable food
- Include paper plates and plastic utensils, and a manual can opener (if needed)
- A three day supply of water
- One gallon per person per day – to be used for drinking as well as sanitation
- Battery operated or hand-crank radio
- For storm updates, especially if cell phone signal is lost
- Extra batteries
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in a waterproof container
- Small, basic tool set
- Wrench, pliers
Car & Electronics
- Cell phones with chargers
- Use text or social media to communicate with family and friends. Save phone calls for emergencies only.
- Weego Jump Starter
- This is a powerful, multi-purpose tool that can be used as a flashlight, to charge phones, and to jump start your car
- Road maps
- Full tank of gas
- Wipes, garbage bags, and personal hygiene items
- Glasses and contact lens solution
- A change of clothing
- Be aware of your climate as well as the weather conditions. Include a sturdy pair of shoes.
- First aid kit
- Prescription medications
- and non-prescription medications such as pain reliever or antacids
- Important documents
- Save electronically or in a water proof container
- Cash and change
Make a plan with your family for what to do in the event of an emergency. Make sure everyone in the family knows where the supply kit is, and that it is easily accessible and portable so you can easily take it with you as needed.
WHAT SETS IT APART?
An established name in portable jump starters and rechargeable battery packs, Weego introduces a new lineup of rugged, compact high-performance jump starting power packs designed for increased power and enhanced with practical features. Four levels of independently lab-tested lithium-ion power packs offer an option for every engine size and budget to provide peace of mind to and independence regardless of whether you’re rolling to a tournament, taking the family fishing or heading out to the deer lease.
Weego’s attention to user-friendly design is evident in each model’s ergonomic, patented Smarty Clamps — jump starter clamps with extra wide jaws and power on both sides. Each model incorporates lights and sounds to guide users through the jumping process, while tapered tips secure easily and safely onto any battery terminal. Space-saving vertical packaging makes each unit easy to handle and convenient to store.
Michael Garfield, The High-Tech Texan wears many hats … and never has a hair out of place! If it beeps or buzzes, goes fast or goes down smooth, Michael has an opinion and a broad audience who depend on him for his expert knowledge and insight. Broadcast in Houston TX, Michael – who reaches international iHeartRadio app audiences as well – recently received a sample of Weego 66 and fell in love. Michael is an avid traveler, hitting as many football games as possible. Fearful of the potential trouble getting to and from those games, he gushes over the 66’s charging and powering capabilities in addition to its jump starting power. Have a listen.
Carrying a Weego High Performance Jump Starting Power Pack changes the game. They make you self-reliant. Compact enough to fit in a travel case, glove box or backpack, these units are powerful enough to quickly boost a dead battery so you can get back on your way.