We’ve put some pretty detailed information in place so you can get most of your questions answered without picking up a phone or sending an email – however, if you still can’t find what you need, you can always contact us.
- Connect the cable to your battery by clamping: Red (+) to Red (+) and Black (-) to Black (-).
- Plug the cable to the Jump Starter pack and power on your Weego (blue indicators will light up).
- Get in your vehicle and start your engine.
- Unplug the cable from your Jump Starter pack and remove the cable from your battery. Easy-peasy!
- Model# JS6 Standard: Up to 4.6 liter gas engines/2.4 liter diesel engines*
- Model # JS12 Heavy Duty: Up to 6.4 liter gas engines/3.2 liter diesel engines*
- Model# JS18 Professional: 6.4 liter+ gas engines, and up to 4.8 liter diesel engines*
- Model # N44 Jump Starter 44: Up to 7 liter gas engines/3.5 liter diesel engines*
- Model # N66 Jump Starter 66: Up to 10 liter gas engines/5 liter diesel engines*
* Engine size is approximate; power requirement will vary for each vehicle.
NOTE: Extreme cold temperatures affect battery performance. If you operate in these conditions for any length of time, consider the next-largest Weego.
- The size of the engines you’re jumping
- The charge left in your vehicle’s battery
- The condition of your vehicle’s battery
- The temperature outside
- And so on…
Basic Jump Starters
- Model # JS6 Standard: Approximately 1.5 hours
- Model # JS12 Heavy Duty: Approximately 3 hours
- Model # JS18 Professional: Approximately 5 hours
High Performance Jump Starters
- Model # 22 & 22s: Approximately 1.5 hours
- Model # 44: Approximately 3 hours
- Model # 66: Approximately 3 hours
If you’re flying with your Weego, be sure to store it in your carry-on luggage ONLY. In addition, you should always make sure your Weego unit is stored so that the ports don’t make contact with other loose items in your bag.
NEVER store your Weego, or any battery of any kind, in a place where temperatures can exceed 140*F (60*C), as this poses a safety risk. This could be in a closed car on a hot summer day, where temperatures can reach well past our recommended limit. Treat your Jump Starter as if you would your phone or tablet. Would you leave those in your hot car?
Models JS18, 22, 22s, 44, 66: The units will beep at you until you correct the clamps and place them on the proper terminals. In addition, you wouldn’t be allowed to jump if the clamps weren’t properly connected.
- All batteries, lead acid or Lithium Ion are adversely effected by sub-zero temperatures, which is why some times battery blankets or warmers are used on lead acid batteries in vehicles up in the northern climates of USA & Canada.
- Under normal low temperature circumstances the Weego products will work as designed, normal operating temperature is -4°F to 140°F. This is the range that most Lithium Ion Batteries will function “normally”. Once you get to outside temperatures, hitting sub-zero, the efficiency of these batteries is impacted. You can experience the Jump Starter not able to provide 100% capacity until it warms up. Once you start using the Jump Starter it will warm up with every attempted jump so you will get more power as it warms. Which is why to be safe we recommend that under extreme cold conditions you store the Weego inside where the temperatures are warmer and it can be ready to go when needed.
- Weego products will work as designed in the normal operating temperature range of -4°F to 140°F. This is the range that most lithium-ion batteries will function “normally”. Exposing a Weego to high temperatures can pose an extreme safety risk. We always recommend you store your Weego at room temperature. The inside of a vehicle on a hot summer day can reach above 140°F, which is not safe for any lithium-ion battery, not just Weego products.
We did, however, design our battery packs to give you a fast charge, every time.
- The Tour 2600 comes with a 1.5 amps (A) output to quickly charge 1.0A devices (like iPhones)
- The Tour 5200 comes with a 2.4A output to quickly charge 2.4A devices (like tablets)
- The Tour 10400 comes with detect-o-matic charging, which means it will charge your device at the fastest-possible speed at which it will allow! This includes Samsung phones and others that have a special charge input that works at increased speeds!
Quick tip: If you’re unsure of how many amps your device will accept, look at that small print on the back of your device’s charger (the one that came with your phone, tablet, GoPro, etc. when you bought it). That tiny print will show you the output amperage of the charger. It will look something like this: Output: 5V/2A
The output amps of your charger is equal to (or close to) the input amps of your device.
As an example, those tiny chargers that come with iPhones will likely read: Output: 5V/1A…which means your iPhone is a 1A device (pretty damn slow, actually!).
Please don’t return the product to your retailer. Reach out to the Weego Consumer Service Specialist on the Support Page and they will advise you details on how to return your product for service.