We’ve put some pretty detailed information in place so you can get most of your questions answered without picking up a phone or sending an email – however, if you still can’t find what you need, you can always contact us.
- Connect the cable to your battery by clamping: Red (+) to Red (+) and Black (-) to Black (-).
- Plug the cable to the Jump Starter pack and power on your Weego (blue indicators will light up).
- Get in your vehicle and start your engine.
- Unplug the cable from your Jump Starter pack and remove the cable from your battery. Easy-peasy!
- Model # N22 & N22S Jump Starter 22 & 22S: Up to 5 liter gas engines/2.5 liter diesel engines*
- Model # N44 & N44S Jump Starter 44 & 44s: Up to 7 liter gas engines/3.5 liter diesel engines*
- Model # N66 & N70 Jump Starter 66 & 70: Up to 10 liter gas engines/5 liter diesel engines*
- Model #C154 Crankenstein:
- In 12V mode our jump starters can cover nearly any gas or diesel engine on the road or in the field. In 24V mode our unit is great for jumping any gas engine and light to medium duty diesel engines up to 10.0L Jumping ability, though, greatly depends on the charge and health level of the existing batteries. For 24V diesel systems, If there is still residual charge in the vehicle’s battery (i.e. the battery bank is above 18.0V) then the charge in the batteries will supplement the charge in the Weego, allowing you to jump larger engines. However if the batteries are dead and unable to provide a supplemental charge, it’s possible you’ll struggle jumping 24V diesel engines larger than 10.0L In the commercial field it’s no longer accurate to pinpoint a specific engine size for jumping capabilities; as combustion engine technologies advance with greater efficiencies in the starter motor and electronic starting systems, the current demand for a jump start becomes less and less. Older engines tend to have much larger power demands than equally-sized modern engines. If you’re unsure about our product fit with your vehicle, please reach out to our customer service via firstname.lastname@example.org
* Engine size is approximate; power requirement will vary for each vehicle.
NOTE: Extreme cold temperatures affect battery performance. If you operate in these conditions for any length of time, consider the next-largest Weego.
- The size of the engines you’re jumping
- The charge left in your vehicle’s battery
- The condition of your vehicle’s battery
- The temperature outside
- And so on…
- Model # 22 & 22S: Approximately 1.5 hours
- Model # 44S: Approximately 2.5 hours
- Model # 44: Approximately 3 hours
- Model # 66: Approximately 3 hours
- Model # 70: Approximately 3.5 hours
- Model # 154: Approximately 6 hours
Crankenstein has a lifespan of 2,000 cycles – that’s a full charge and full discharge per cycle, which will last you anywhere from 2-5 years, depending on how often you use it and how well you take care of your battery.
NEVER store your Weego, or any battery of any kind, in a place where temperatures can exceed 140*F (60*C), as this poses a safety risk. This could be in a closed car on a hot summer day, where temperatures can reach well past our recommended limit. Treat your Jump Starter as if you would your phone or tablet. Would you leave those in your hot car?
For C154, a message will appear on the OLED screen that says “Clamps Reversed – Connect to Proper Terminals”. You will be unable to jump start until you place the clamps on the proper terminals.
- All batteries, lead acid or Lithium Ion are adversely effected by sub-zero temperatures, which is why some times battery blankets or warmers are used on lead acid batteries in vehicles up in the northern climates of USA & Canada.
- Under normal low temperature circumstances the Weego products will work as designed, normal operating temperature is -4°F to 140°F. This is the range that most Lithium Ion Batteries will function “normally”. Once you get to outside temperatures, hitting sub-zero, the efficiency of these batteries is impacted. You can experience the Jump Starter not able to provide 100% capacity until it warms up. Once you start using the Jump Starter it will warm up with every attempted jump so you will get more power as it warms. Which is why to be safe we recommend that under extreme cold conditions you store the Weego inside where the temperatures are warmer and it can be ready to go when needed.
- Weego products will work as designed in the normal operating temperature range of -4°F to 140°F. This is the range that most lithium-ion batteries will function “normally”. Exposing a Weego to high temperatures can pose an extreme safety risk. We always recommend you store your Weego at room temperature. The inside of a vehicle on a hot summer day can reach above 140°F, which is not safe for any lithium-ion battery, not just Weego products.
Temperature ranges for 22s/22/44s/44/66 and 70:
We did, however, design our battery packs to give you a fast charge, every time.
- The Tour 2600 comes with a 1.5 amps (A) output to quickly charge 1.0A devices (like iPhones)
- The Tour 5200 comes with a 2.4A output to quickly charge 2.4A devices (like tablets)
- The Tour 10400 comes with detect-o-matic charging, which means it will charge your device at the fastest-possible speed at which it will allow! This includes Samsung phones and others that have a special charge input that works at increased speeds!
Quick tip: If you’re unsure of how many amps your device will accept, look at that small print on the back of your device’s charger (the one that came with your phone, tablet, GoPro, etc. when you bought it). That tiny print will show you the output amperage of the charger. It will look something like this: Output: 5V/2A
The output amps of your charger is equal to (or close to) the input amps of your device.
As an example, those tiny chargers that come with iPhones will likely read: Output: 5V/1A…which means your iPhone is a 1A device (pretty damn slow, actually!).
Please don’t return the product to your retailer. Reach out to the Weego Consumer Service Specialist on the Support Page and they will advise you details on how to return your product for service.