Jump Starting a Car – Weego vs. Traditional Jumper Cables, Step by Step
One of the most major benefits of using a Weego is the speed and safety in which you can start your engine. Below we show you a side-by-side comparison of just how simple, quick, and safe it is to jump start your vehicle using a Weego, compared to the complicated, lengthy, and pretty risky method of utilizing traditional jumper cables.
With Weego, your margin of error is greatly diminished – even if your mess up a step, there are protections in place to ensure you’re still safe. In the traditional method, the margin for error is very large, and there’s nothing to protect you if you don’t connect those cables just right!
Jump Starting with Weego
- Place car in PARK, ensure key is in OFF position, and open the hood.
- Locate car battery and identify the positive terminal (+, red coloring) and the negative terminal (-, black coloring)
- Connect the RED Weego clamp to the positive (+) terminal
- Connect the BLACK Weego clamp to the negative terminal.
- Attach Weego to the clamps.
- Power ON Weego.
- Start engine.
- Detach Weego from clamps
- Detach clamps from car battery
- Close hood, and drive on my friend!
Estimated time: 2-5 minutes
Jump Starting with Traditional Jumper Cables
- Place ‘dead’ car in PARK, ensure key is in OFF position, and open the hood.
- Park a ‘live’ car as close as possible to the dead car.
- Place live car in PARK, ensure key is in OFF position, and open the hood.
- Locate the battery in both cars and identify each car’s positive terminal (+, red coloring) and the negative terminal (-, black coloring)
- Attach one of the RED clamps to the dead car’s positive (+) terminal.
- Attach the other RED clamp to the live car’s positive (+) terminal.
- Attach the live car’s BLACK clamp to the live car’s negative (-) terminal.
- Attach the other BLACK clamp to an unpainted surface of the dead car, away from the dead car’s battery (this is required because there is risk of spark when making this last connection, and we don’t want a spark near the battery. This spark risk does not exist with Weego)
- Start engine.
- Detach black clamp from unpainted surface of dead car.
- Detach black clamp from the negative terminal of live car.
- Detach RED clamp from the positive terminal of live car.
- Detach RED clamp from the positive terminal of the dead car.
- Close hood, rush to next appointment that you are most certainly late for.
Estimated time: too damn long!